We might now wonder whose is really directing this agenda of thought control that is now in the beginning stages of implementation by Homeland Security. The alleged intent of this program is to stop people who are intending to commit a crime or terrorist incident. However the thought that should occur to all is where does this invasion of privacy stop? Any thinking person might reasonably believe that it would only be a matter of time until a list of incorrect or unacceptable thoughts would be implemented by bureaucrats working for a state security apparatus like Homeland Security – because apparently grouping children’s genitals hasn’t been a very effective in combating the war on terror. And to think they called George Orwell a paranoid dreamer. Just my opinion….William McCullough
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome….George Orwell
Homeland Security Deploys Mind-Reading Hardware
The US Department of Homeland Security has begun field testing new technology which it thinks can identify people who intend to commit a terrorist act, just by looking at them.
According to the magazine Nature…. the US spooks have been conducting tests of Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) in the past few months at an undisclosed location in the northeast of the US. The gear apparently uses uses remote sensors to measure physiological properties, such as heart rate and eye movement.It has been in development since 2008 and it apparently can tell your intent to cause harm.
It is all based on a form of witchdoctor psychology called behavioural science. These boffins have the cunning theory that someone with malintent may act strangely, show mannerisms out of the norm, or experience extreme physiological reactions based on the extent, time, and consequences of the event.
Homeland Security’s FAST technology design so that coppers can basically arrest anyone who looks them funny. So no change there then.
The DHS claimed the machine was accurate 70 percent of the time the other 30 percent will probably get out of Guantanamo Bay in a couple of years.
However some boffins think the gear will give shedloads of false positives.
Tom Ormerod, a psychologist in the Investigative Expertise Unit at Lancaster University, told Nature that even having an iris scan or fingerprint read at immigration isenough to raise the heart rate of most legitimate travellers.
In short, coming into Los Angeles Airport would turn Mother Theresa into a screaming psychopath, it does not mean that you are going to act on your impulses.